Friday, February 15, 2013

My Resolution

By Martin
I just received a great reminder that some things are more important. Too often, I feel that I am not there for my wife and kids like I should be. Because I have that feeling, I know that it is true. Therefore, I need to take steps to better myself for them. I want to be the man my wife can trust to be the leader of our household. I want to be the daddy that my kids can look up to for guidance and stability while remaining humble and generous with my time, my love, and not just my money.

Starting today, I resolve to be the man God has called me to be.

To my wife, I resolve to be a devoted and faithful husband. To love, honor, and cherish her. To guide and protect her.

To my children, I resolve to be a devoted father. To teach them to love God always. To lead them in the ways of the Lord and protect them from the evil one.

I resolve to love my wife and my children with my time. I know that they need me more than the money I bring home.

I resolve to resist the devil's temptations. To remember that God has a free gift for me and I will no longer buy what Satan is selling.

I resolve to smile more and to be happy more. For the Lord is joy and I want others to see His joy through me.

Father God, please send your Holy Spirit to guide me through these resolutions. For it is through Your strenght, and not my own, that all things are possible. I pray that others will see Your love through me. Help me to be the leader You have called me to be. I pray that I will continue to lead my family and be a blessing to them and not be just the man who pays the bills. Father, I know that you have given me the strength to resist the devil's temptations. But, sometimes I forget and so I pray that Your Word will remain on my lips to thwart the devil's schemes. Please lead me in the way everlasting. I love you Father and I thank you for all of Your provisions in my life. For I know that through You all things are possible. It is in the mighty name of Your son Jesus Christ that I pray these things. Amen.

For those of you reading this, I ask that you help and encourage me. We all live in a fallen world and we need each other to stay sharp. Proverbs 27:17: As iron sharpens iron, so one man shall sharpen another. To rely not on my own understanding, but to trust in God. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List