Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Seeking God's Wisdom and Direction"



"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6)



It has been some time since I have written. I needed to take a break from my computer (email, facebook, blog, internet) and other things that were causing a distraction and getting in the way of my personal time with God and my family. I guess you could say I was fasting from the internet and seeking God's wisdom and direction.

About a year ago, God put it in my heart to start this blog to reach out and provide encouragement to others. I was excited to start the blog but I also wanted to do it right. I did not want to submit an entry just to write something. My goal and my hope are to be transparent and touch people's hearts in a way that is meaningful and encouraging to them and honoring to God.

As the Fall of 2009 approached, I was beginning to feel extremely tired and fatigued, making it difficult to concentrate on my writing. The tiredness and fatigue were due to a combination of physical and emotional factors, but I later found out that the most significant factor of all was my thyroid not working the way it needed to work. I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and began treatment almost immediately. So it was at that time that I made the choice to get off the treadmill of life and slow down so I could really focus on God's direction for my life and to better understand how He wants to use me through this blog, as well as in other areas of ministry. This blog is all about Him and for Him, not about me. I am simply a vessel He is using to share with others His unconditional love, grace and mercy.

During the last few months, God has been growing me. He has been opening my heart and my mind to His Word and challenging me to trust Him with my all on a daily basis. An easy task? Absolutely not. I have failed many times at this task of "complete submission" to my Lord and Savior, but He is always faithful to give me the strength to get back on track and "run with perseverance the race marked out for me" (Hebrews 12:1). He knows what I need before I know what I need. So I make a conscious effort to hold on to His strength and I take Him at His Word. I go before Him just as I am, trusting that "He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion" (Philippians 1:6).

I have learned "to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can do all things through Him who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13). And one of the most encouraging truths of the Bible is that of 2 Corinthians 12:9, that God's power "is made perfect in our weaknesses". I don't know about you, but I find hope and comfort in knowing that in my moments of weakness I can count on the strength of a Living God to hold me up. And God is faithful to His Word and His promise for deliverance. It is because of His goodness and faithfulness that I am passionate to share with others just how great and awesome He is.

It is like when someone does something really special for you just because they love you or someone who goes above and beyond their call of duty to help you or, better yet, save your life! Wouldn't you want to honor that person in some way?

As I embark on this journey to write for the glory of God, it is my desire to draw people closer to God. It is my prayer that those who read my writings will be blessed, encouraged, and empowered by the work of the Holy Spirit in me. I write about my own personal experiences, with every word being inspired by God's faithful deliverance and power through those experiences. And to the enemy and those looking to discourage me (you know who you are), as I expect you will be attacking, I am wearing the full armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-17), so bring it! God's got me covered!



Dear Lord, thank you for the courage and inspiration to work on this blog. Please keep me humble and mindful to acknowlege you in all my ways. Please bless the people who read this blog. I pray for seeds of the Spirit to be planted in people's hearts and for You to do the increase. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria
    Thanks so much for writing again. I really enjoy your words of wisdom and insight. The Lord is faithful in so many ways. We just don't always see where he is leading us until the time has past.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your love, encouragement, and support Mom! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List