Friday, June 22, 2012

A Beautiful Song

By Martin

There is a beautiful song by Aaron Shust called "My Savior My God".  The song starts with the words, "I am not skilled to understand, what God has willed, what God has planned."  It is a wonderful song.
I decided not too long ago that I wanted to learn to play that song on the guitar.  So, I found a youtube video made by Aaron himself on how to play his song.  I started learning to play it about a week ago.  I feel like I am getting further along in the playing of the song.  Last night, I was playing what I know of the song to Zoe.  She could definitely hear the song coming to life. 
Zoe made a decision that she would like to learn to play an instrument before the year is up.  So, when I got up to do something she picked up my guitar.  I had the youtube video on and she began her attempt to play the song.  Once I showed her the key notes to get the intro, she was excited and began playing those notes over and over again.
Isabela decided she wanted to play as well.  Unfortunately, she wanted to play on the same guitar that Zoe was playing.  She suggested that Isabela get her own guitar, but she didn't want to do that.  It was more of an attention thing.  So, she got on the drums; which are quite loud.  Zoe and I decided to go out on the deck to play; we could not hear over the drums.  I agreed and grabbed one of my other guitars.  That way I could show Zoe the chord structures that Aaron uses in the song.  Samuel came outside with us to play.
After a while, we decided to go back inside because it was time to get ready for bed.  Almost immediately after walking through the door, I could hear the song playing on a guitar.  I was holding one of the guitars and Zoe was holding the other.  Neither of us were playing.  I looked on my tablet to see if the youtube video was still playing; but it wasn't.  I looked at Zoe as to see if she heard it as well.  I ran upstairs to see if possibly something was on upstairs.  But, nothing was on upstairs either.  During this time, I kept hearing the song.  The song played probably three or four times and it was just the introduction.  I heard it most downstairs where we had been playing it.  I came back downstairs and looked at Zoe.  I said, "We have a ghost!"  She said, "I know we do."  I added, "Well, it's good that it likes to play Christian music."
I sent a text message to many friends and family members about our encounter.  But, this was not our first encounter with a spirit.  Last year, Zoe and I had our picture taken in our kitchen.  In the background, you can clearly see a black figure.  The figure looks as if it is trying to get out of the picture.  Too late!  :)  We are not worried because we know we are protected by God and His Angels.  We also find it a great relief to know that the spirit that lives in our home loves Christian music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List