Friday, August 7, 2009

"A Refuge of Hope"


"God is our refuge and strength" (Psalm 46:1, NIV)



When God first put it in my heart to start this blog, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep up with it on a daily basis. I am a stay-at-home mom and, well, you know how busy it can get on a day-to-day basis. Isabela (4 yrs) and Samuel (6 mo) keep their Mommy and Daddy plenty busy! So when I started the blog, my initial goal was to work on it at least once a week. Well, I should know better than tell God what I cannot do or how I want to do it. He quickly reminded me who is in control and how I am to do it.

It still amazes me how God will use our weaknesses for His purpose. Don't tell God what you "can't" do because He will make sure to show you that, through Him, "YOU CAN" do it. He will equip you and qualify you to get the task done, especially when the task at hand is to deliver His message.

A special thank you to my loving husband, Martin, for his continued support, encouragement, and inspiration.

Because it is my prayer to reach out and provide hope and encouragement to as many people as God allows me to through this blog, Martin came up with the name "A Refuge of Hope". And that is my hope, that this will be a "safe place, a shelter from danger" (Refuge) where there is "a fervent desire and confident expectation" (Hope) that God's plan for us to prosper will be fulfilled (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV).

Whatever God is getting ready to do in my life, I am in!


POWER VERSES

Jeremiah 29:11, NIV ~"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"


Dear Lord, thank you for being my Refuge of Hope and for making yourself available to me anywhere and anytime. Please keep me mindful of the task ahead and that through You it is already a done deal. Thank you for the work you are doing in my life and for what is yet to come. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


2 comments:

  1. You've got to be kidding me Zoe! What cult do you belong to? We all go through highs in lows in life, doesn't mean you need to become some religious freak and try to save everyones soul! What a joke! once knew you from Mercy

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Whom It May Concern:

    I love the Lord and I’m not ashamed of it. When you are doing things in the name of Jesus and are living your life for Him the enemy will strike because his goal is to prevent God’s people from doing God’s work.

    I have been attacked and called a “religious freak” because I love God and take delight in reaching out to others and sharing what God has done and is doing in my life. This is not the first time I have been faced with adversity and it will not be the last. In my opinion, when we share with others how God is working in our lives, we are giving Him the honor that He deserves. So any attempt to prevent me from doing what God calls me to do, is just more fuel of inspiration. God has given me the gifts of encouragement and evangelism, and I intend to use them.

    If being obedient to what God has called me to do with my life makes me a “religious freak”, I don’t mind the title. If expressing my love for the Lord will hurt my reputation, I can live with that. Nothing that I go through in this life will ever compare to the sacrifice that Jesus made for me on the cross. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice on the cross. So if I have to take some heat here on earth for the cause of Christ, it is all worth it to me.

    So to the enemy I say, ‘bring it on’. Your attempts to steal my joy will not succeed and they will definitely not stop me from doing God's work. They will only be fuel to my inspiration. God can and will turn any negative into a positive. I am confident that God goes before me and will prepare the way in all I do. “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged” (Deuteronomy 31:8, NIV).

    The enemy cannot steal your salvation so he will use any and all circumstances in your life to try to steal your joy. Don’t give the enemy that much power. Hold on to God, the Rock that cannot be shaken, for His power is perfect in your weakness. “That is why, in Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10, NIV)

    When trouble comes your way and your faith is being tested “let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow” (James 1:2-3, NIV).

    Dear Lord, please keep me mindful that Your power is perfect in my weakness. When trouble comes my way and my faith is being tested, please give me the strength to endure all things in Your name and for Your sake. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


    For An Audience of One,
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List