Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"When the Enemy Attacks"


"Whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.” (James 1:2-3, NIV)



Apparently someone who knew me from high school visited my blog. He/she posted what was meant to be a hurtful comment under the "A Refuge of Hope" post, but God is good and He turns bad into good. So this negative comment (which I did not erase from my blog, by the way) inspired me to write this entry. I hope this will encourage others to not be ashamed to live your faith and that to love God does not make you a "religious freak".


The following is the anonymous comment that was posted:


“You've got to be kidding me Zoe! What cult do you belong to? We all go through highs and lows in life, doesn't mean you need to become some religious freak and try to save everyone’s soul! What a joke! Once knew you from Mercy”


I love the Lord and I’m not ashamed of it. When you are doing things in the name of Jesus and are living your life for Him the enemy will strike because his goal is to prevent God’s people from doing God’s work.

I have been attacked and called a “religious freak” because I love God and take delight in reaching out to others and sharing what God has done and is doing in my life. This is not the first time I have been faced with adversity and it will not be the last. In my opinion, when we share with others how God is working in our lives, we are giving Him the honor that He deserves. So any attempt to prevent me from doing what God calls me to do, is just more fuel of inspiration. God has given me the gifts of encouragement and evangelism, and I intend to use them.


If being obedient to what God has called me to do with my life makes me a “religious freak”, I don’t mind the title. If expressing my love for the Lord will hurt my reputation, I can live with that. Nothing that I go through in this life will ever compare to the sacrifice that Jesus made for me on the cross. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice on the cross. So if I have to take some heat here on earth for the cause of Christ, it is all worth it to me.


So to the enemy I say, ‘bring it on’. Your attempts to steal my joy will not succeed and they will definitely not stop me from doing God's work. They will only be fuel to my inspiration. God can and will turn any negative into a positive. I am confident that God goes before me and will prepare the way in all I do. “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged” (Deuteronomy 31:8, NIV).


The enemy cannot steal your salvation so he will use any and all circumstances in your life to try to steal your joy. Don’t give the enemy that much power. Hold on to God, the Rock that cannot be shaken, for His power is perfect in your weakness. “That is why, in Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10, NIV)


When trouble comes your way and your faith is being tested “let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow” (James 1:2-3, NIV).



Dear Lord, please keep me mindful that Your power is perfect in my weakness. When trouble comes my way and my faith is being tested, please give me the strength to endure all things in Your name and for Your sake. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List